Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Less than 10 weeks to go

It really seems like things are moving right along now. The first half of pregnancy was filled with worry and anticipation for me. When I was finally to the middle of my second trimester things started to calm down a bit, my worries were assuaged, but it also seemed like time was at a near standstill. And now life is a whirlwind.

I had my first baby shower this weekend and it was perfect. My mother threw a small shower down in Orange County where I, pretty much, grew up. Great food, great friends, and GREAT presents. It was so much fun. I feel like I already have most of the baby stuff I need from all of my incredibly generous friends.

This week I begin my child birth classes which continue for the next few weeks and I'm really interested to find out what the curriculum is. Do we watch old videos of women giving birth that have never groomed their nethers? I gather from the description that there will be some breathing exercises and an emphasis on the role of the coach. How do they stretch that into 8 hours?

After the birthing classes I have lactation classes and another baby shower, which seems a little excessive at this point, but I'm looking forward to celebrating with all my friends. My first free weekend will be April 17th. I will be 36 weeks at that point! Realistically, I could be a mother by then... Hopefully the baby will hold out til May, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment