Saturday, April 3, 2010

Everyone Waddles Up Hills

So there will be no trail running in my near future but at least I can still hike at 8 months pregnant. I love living in my neighborhood because I have this close by...

It doesn't look like much, but it took me about 10 minutes to conquer this hill at Topanga Park. There were a few hikers in front of me and I noticed that everyone waddles going up a steep hill. It made me feel right in my element! My husband is going to join me on his mountain bike tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it.

On my way down the hill I was able to move a bit quicker and I passed a few girls walking very slowly, navigating the loose dirt and gravel in bad shoes. They called out to me and asked what shoes I was wearing, I'm guessing because it seemed like I had better traction as opposed to the extra 25 lbs of gravity holding me down. I replied "I don't know, I can't see my feet, but I think they're Saucony." It made me laugh, what can I say, I'm easy.

xo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment