Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I'm a planner and always have been. And I'm pretty meticulous in my planning, making them far in advance, sticking to them and pretty much always being early. So it's been quite challenging to have this tiny human calling all the shots. I get prepared to do something, get all my ducks in a row, and then Hunter decides there's something much more pressing, such as, puking all over the dogs. I swear he does this just to teach me a lesson. I just saw a quote by Mike Tyson (so he's no Lao Tzu but this is appropriate) "Everybody has plans... until they get hit."

Wednesday was such a beautiful day I decided to take both Hunter and the dogs for a walk. I got the leashes on the dogs and the Baby Bjorn strapped on. I changed Hunter's diaper right before putting him in his carrier. I turned to the side for a split second to put the diaper in the trash and when I turned back I felt something cold and wet on my shoulder. I was hit! White baby vomit was dripping from my freshly washed hair (ok, so it was washed 2 days ago, but that's effing clean these days.) I looked down and it was splattered on the edge of the Baby Bjorn as well. Awesome. But the worst part was the little white chunks hanging off the dogs' faces, necks and front legs.

I don't even know how it happened. How was that projectile vomit so widespread? My walk was inevitably delayed. But the good news is that the dogs got their much needed bath. I think Hunter decided we were all too stinky and it was time for us to bathe. And we do what Hunter says.

His initials are HRH: HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS (as all the grandmas and great grandmas have pointed out)

Happy Month of Life, Hunter!!!



xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment